Because so many people have trouble understanding how big families work, I figured families of all sizes could use a list to look back on. You know, the important things you need to effectively and successfully OWN your household. #Boss, if you will.
If you think of any you would like to see on the list, please leave me a comment! I know I’m going to leave some good ones off.
- Always have plenty of toilet paper. Or a kid who is capable of bringing you more when you reach critical stage and notice someone didn’t change out the roll. *Side Note* Why is this so hard???
- Become a short order cook or your people will starve.
- Never let the washing machine stop.
- Encourage your children to be independent. Ours know how to bathe, brush their teeth, put their clothes and shoes on, open a pack of muffins, and operate Netflix. We call this #winning.
- Develop the ability to eat dinner in under 5 minutes. Heck, just eat while you’re cooking if you want it while it’s hot.
- Learn to shower with an audience.
- Buy in bulk, and leave the last 2 packs of whatever in the HUGE box so it’ll take up a lot of space in your pantry.
- Make your children watch your favorite children’s shows and movies so you can live with yourself.
- Introduce family members to good music. Aint nobody got time for kidzbop on a car ride.
- Make a playlist with your favorite kid’s movie songs to fulfill #8 & 9 on the list while cooking a meal only 2 out of the 6 people in your home will eat.
- Teach responsibility. We do this by letting the almost 6 year old take out the garbage, the 4 year old put up clothes, the 2 year old wipe the table after meals, and the baby to look cute.
- Have a lot of animals to add to the chaos.
- Be ok with your children wearing things that in no way could ever possibly pass as cute clothing. If it means you get to lay in bed for 6 more minutes, you go with it, Mama.
- Yell a lot about things that don’t require a raised voice.
- Embrace bad photos.
- Learn to love sitting on broken furniture.
- Pretend all the clutter isn’t actually there and it will bother you less.
- Conquer the world during nap time… Or just binge watch what’s in your que that isn’t appropriate for little ears.
- Become a pro at dividing dessert 4 ways.
- Love the heck outta each other!
I wouldn’t trade this pile-o-people living in my house for anything! I also never knew I would need a list like this…
Whatchu got to add to the mix? What helps your home run smoothly?