Pink eye is disgusting. I need to get that off my chest right out the gate.
It was a tough weekend. I’ll keep whining to a minimum and just say we spent so much time resting and hand sanitizing and proclaiming to the world how much we HATE being sick.
Also wash your hands, keep sick babies at home, make the world a better place.
Ok, so I might have needed to get more than just 1 thing off my chest…
We battled it all like champs, and after one more visit to the pediatrician for Porter, we’re on the tale end of all the germs. We have to be, I’m pretty out of Lysol spray.
And since I’m pretty much wiped out from all the things this week, I’m turning this post over to a nice list of places I’d rather be than in muggy, south Alabama this weekend.
Feel free to leave me a list of your own in the comments. I’m sure you could think of something good if it meant you didn’t have to deal with sticky weather.
Unless that’s your thing. Then just never mind. That’s weird.
1. Blue Mountain. Because it’s empty, full of shallow areas for this kind of fun, and you can manage to drive on 98 without the fear of being run out of a lane by someone with a Louisiana or Arkansas license plate. Yall! Don’t lose your mind when you come to our slice of the Emerald Coast. Be better drivers!
2. Driving through this amazingness. Today is the first official day of fall, so it’s only fitting. Plus, I’m part Sanderson Sister, sooooo…
3. I hear this place is all kinds of magic during this time of year. I’m not brave or rich enough for a real trip with my pack, but maybe one day.
4. If you’re gonna have a fire pit, you might as well have one like this, right? I mean, why even go through the trouble of setting one up if it can’t look like this? I would like to be here, with cozy socks and apple cider yelling at my children to get away from the fire, telling Pat to stop making the fire so big, and jumping from my seat to save the things being thrown into it.
So maybe here isn’t a good idea…
5. And here! A cable knit comforter and a good sound machine? I NEED the kind of sleep that could only come from flopping down into this bed. You don’t even know, guys.
Your turn. Where would you rather be right now?